The international symposium dedicated to
Why e-cig ?
The International Congress on Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems and Smoking Cessation
Tobacco will be the leading cause of death in the 21st century, and projections by the World Health Organization (WHO) are nothing short of alarming: 600 million deaths world-wide. The WHO considers smoking as “one of the most serious threats that ever faced mankind”.
The e-cig symposium was created in this context and will present the latest research results on the potential of new electronic nicotine delivery devices in the form of electronic cigarettes, and more broadly, of aerosol therapy. Devices which, for the first time, may reveal potentially effective treatment solutions to stop smoking with confort and pleasure.
The e-cig symposium has clear objectives : gathering medical, scientific, and technical research to review and summarise the studies done on electronic cigarettes, and more globally on electronic nicotine delivery devices used as an alternative to tobacco smoking.
Why attend e-cig 2016 ?
- e-cig will present the latest research results on the potential of new electronic nicotine delivery devices in the form of electronic cigarettes, and more broadly, of aerosol therapy. Devices which, for the first time, may reveal potentially effective treatment solutions to quit smoking with confort and pleasure.
- e-cig will also provide the latest research developments on the effectiveness and safety evaluation methods of electronic cigarettes, as well as on the standards and regulations of these products.
- e-cig will gather both public and private physicians and researchers working on topics directly or indirectly related to the delivery of nicotine and smoking cessation.
- Nicotine and dependance (from nicotine receptor to every day practice)
- e-cigarette : a moving epidemiologic overview
- Innovations and future of devices and e-liquid technology
- Assessment of the risk / benefit balance ?
- Gaps to be filled and the need for adequate regulation to those provisional miss
Call for communications
- Be part of the e-cig panel speakers and share your research results by submitting paper(s). +60 oral communications will be selected from the call for papers.
- e-cig symposium is independent from tobacco and e-cigarette industries. These industries don’t participate to the scientific board of ecig 2016. All the speakers are independent from tobacco industry and will declare online the link of interest with others industries.
Who's attending ?
ALL INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC AND PRIVATE RESEARCHERS INVOLVED IN FIELDS RELATED TO SMOKING AND VAPING:
- Biologists, neurologists, psychologists, etc. working with tobacco dependence and smoking cessation.
- Physicians and researchers from research institutions dealing with smoking and tobacco related diseases (cancer, pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases).
- Lung physicians, tobacco addiction specialists, psychologists, etc. working on new treatment strategies.
- Chemists, developers of nicotine substitutes.
- Clinical researchers, toxicologists, biologists, chemists, engineers, etc. working on tomorrow’s delivery systems, or on novel test methods to ensure their effectiveness and safety…
- Researchers studying new active ingredients.
- Public health professionals in France, Europe, and elsewhere in the world.
- Public authorities.
Quai Louis Prunier - 17033, La Rochelle
La Rochelle, “Gateway to the Ocean”, with its remarkable heritage and natural setting, ranks 5th among France’s most-visited cities. It is a dynamic economic centre open to the world ...